We have a happy, busy household, Paul and Guin have been childminders for over 25 years, and have two children. We share our home with two dogs, three cats and some fish.
Paul and Guin have experience of working with children from birth to 18 years old, we use Somerset Total Communication with children when appropriate, we have many years experience with children on ASD, and we are very used to working with multiple agencies for the benefit of children
We aim to provide a supportive, secure home from home environment where all children are encouraged to progress at their own rate. Life is an adventure and we ensure that children enjoy themselves.
We are members of the Forest Childcare Association, and we adhere to the Five Principles of Forest Childcare
1. The Forest Childcare Provider takes the children to an outdoor environment normally once a week.
2. Forest Childcare outings are made as safe as is reasonably possible by the childcare provider while encouraging children to learn to take their own risks.
3. Forest Childcare outings are taken all year long, so children go outside whatever the weather.
4. The Forest Childcare Provider offers a mixture of planned and child-led play activities to the children.
5. The Forest Childcare Provider is first aid certified.